Skip to main content

Disney+ Raises Monthly Subscription Fee by $4,000, as Moving Becomes More Popular

▲(출처=월트디즈니 컴퍼니 코리아 캡처)

Disney's online video service (OTT) Disney+ is revamping its pricing plans starting in November. The current membership price of 9900 won per month, which allows four people to stream simultaneously, will actually increase by 4000 won.


Global online video service (OTT) Disney+ announced on its website on Nov. 6 that it will reorganize its pricing plans into two types starting Nov. 1. "New membership types and subscription fee policies will be applied to new subscribers on or after November 1, 2023," the company said, adding that it is reorganizing its plans into Disney+ Standard for 99,000 won per month ($99,000 per year) and Disney+ Premium for 13,900 won per month ($13,900 per year).


Previously, there was only one plan for 9900 won per month ($99,000 per year). However, if you choose the standard plan at the same price, the video quality is lower and the number of devices that can be streamed at the same time is reduced, so there is talk that it is actually a price increase.


Subscribers who signed up for a membership before November 1 will be able to enjoy Disney+ Premium for the same price as before, which is 9900 won per month. However, if you canceled or changed your subscription and re-subscribed after November 1, the new membership policy will apply.


"With this membership policy change, we will continue to offer a broader collection of global branded content, exclusive original content, and high-quality local storytelling, and provide better value and choice for our subscribers," said Disney+.


Meanwhile, Disney+ continues to see record weekly time spent on the app since the premiere of the original drama Moving. Today, Disney+ announced that for the fourth week of August, the Disney+ app saw 18.5 billion minutes of weekly usage.


Compared to 0.8 billion minutes in the first week of August, prior to the "Moving" reveal, this represents a 130% increase in weekly usage and more than doubling. Weekly time spent on the Disney+ app has increased each week since the unveiling of "Moving," with 1.12 billion minutes in the second week of August, 1.63 billion minutes in the third week of August, and 1.85 billion minutes in the fourth week of August.


READ THE ARTICLE


READ THE KOREAN VERSION

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Japan Meteorological Agency lists Dokdo as Japanese territory on weather map for Typhoon No. 7 Lan

▲일본 기상청에 표기된 독도. 사진제공=서경덕 교수 The Japan Meteorological Agency has sparked controversy for labeling Dokdo as Japanese territory on a weather map of Typhoon No. 7. On the 16th, Seo Kyung-duk, a professor at Sungshin Women's University, sent a protest email to the Japan Meteorological Agency through social networking services (SNS), demanding that the agency correct its mistake of labeling Dokdo as Japanese land. "The Japan Meteorological Agency has always labeled Dokdo as '竹島' (Takeshima), and we have been protesting against this for three years. The biggest problem is that many Japanese netizens visit the Japan Meteorological Agency's website during typhoon and tsunami warnings, which can create a false perception of Dokdo," he said. "In this protest email, we said, 'This is a clear territorial provocation. Dokdo is an undisputed territory of the Republic of Korea under historical, geographical, and international law." Professor Seo said that not o...

‘엠카 인 프랑스’서 불거진 인종차별 논란…현장 증언 들어보니

  ▲(사진제공=CJ ENM) 프랑스 파리에서 열린 K팝 공연 ‘엠카운트다운 인 프랑스’가 인종차별 논란에 휩싸였다. 현장 보안요원들이 동양인들만 골라 엄격히 단속했다는 주장이 제기된 데 따른 것이다. 15일(현지시간) CJ ENM의 음악 프로그램 ‘엠카운트다운’이 프랑스 파리 라데팡스 아레나에서 개최됐다. 이날 공연에는 약 2만2000여 명의 관객들이 모인 가운데 NCT드림, 샤이니 태민, 몬스타엑스 셔누·형원, 에이티즈, 싸이 등이 무대를 꾸몄다. CJ ENM측은 사전에 “파리 라데팡스 아레나는 전문가용 카메라 반입이 금지된 공연장”이라고 밝힌 바 있다. 이에 현장에서는 카메라 등의 소지품 검사가 진행됐다. 그런데 현장 요원들이 유럽인들도 카메라를 소지하고 카메라로 무대를 촬영했음에도 동양인들만 엄격하게 단속했다는 현장 증언이 나왔다. 증언에 따르면 현장 요원들은 동양인들의 카메라를 압수하거나 가방을 뒤지는 행위도 서슴지 않았다. 논란이 지속되자 CJ ENM 측은 “반입 금지 물품을 모니터링하는 과정에서 과잉 진압이 있었는지 사실 관계 확인중”이라고 밝혔다. 한편, K팝 콘서트에서 인종차별 의혹이 발생한 것은 이번이 처음은 아니다. 2021년 말에 있었던 방탄소년단의 LA콘서트에서 한국팬들은 카메라를 들고 가수를 찍었다는 이유로 현지 팬들에게 폭행을 당하기도 했다.

Mbappe angry at Japanese reporter's sarcasm of Lee Kang-in?

   ▲출처=유튜브 캡처 A video of Kylian Mbappe (25, Paris Saint-Germain) wrapping his arms around Lee Kang-in (22, Mallorca) in response to a sarcastic question from a Japanese journalist has been revealed to be a fake video manipulated by artificial intelligence (AI). It was a real press conference, but it was a video of Mbappe answering questions about his contract at the Euro 2020 press conference two years ago. Instead of the player's voice asking the question, a 'fake question voice' was created and edited. On the 15th of last month, a YouTube channel posted a video titled 'Marketing for Lee Kang-in, right? Mbappe's reaction to a Japanese reporter's question'. A Japanese journalist is heard asking in English during a press conference, "I heard that a South Korean player named Lee Kang-in is coming to Paris Saint-Germain (PSG). Do you think it's just a marketing move, and what do other Japanese players think?" Mbappe shakes his head. Mbappe shakes ...